Baby Jones

 BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, November 4, 2013

28 Weeks Pregnant.........2 Trimesters Down 1 to Go!!!!!!

We are starting our Week 28 today!!!!!  That means we have officially started our third trimester.

Cayden is the size of an eggplant.  Weighing an average of 2.5 pounds and about 16 inches long.


Here is Cayden's letter to his father this week:

Hey Dad!

This week mom is 28 weeks pregnant, in the LAST trimester (3rd), and I am settling into the proper position for birth.  Well, my head is supposed to be facing downward.  We will see next week at the ultrasound appointment.  I am now about 2.5 pounds and around 16 inches long.  It’s getting crowded in here.  I’ve been busy adding new skills such as blinking (last week I opened my eyes for the first time).  I’m also able to cough, suck on my fingers, hiccup, and even practice taking breaths.  My sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase.  This means I can start dreaming at this point.

While settling into the right position, mom is having some pains and the weight of her uterus causes even more pressure.  It could possibly be sitting on her sciatic nerve, which runs through the lower part of her back, buttocks, and legs.  It causes sharp, shooting pains and/or tingling or numbness in these areas.  The best way for her to get relief is to take it easy.  

Thank you for taking care of us both.  I love you!

Cayden


I've also included this week's video:  
Video: Your Pregnancy Week 28

Stay tuned for more updates and pictures from the baby shower held on Sunday, 3 November 2013.  We have a prenatal check up scheduled tomorrow.  I'm pretty excited about that as well.

Team Jones Party of 4














No comments:

Post a Comment